[socal-piggies] Come sprint on Python at the LA Open Source event on November 4th!

Daniel Greenfeld pydanny at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 17:59:01 PDT 2012

Hello fellow Pythonistas!

On November 4th, myself and a team of volunteers are organizing
another LA Hackathons Open Source event at Cross Camp
(http://www.crosscamp.us/) in Santa Monica. That means a day of
working on Python, Pyramid, OpenStack, Salt Stack and even Django
projects.

Speaking of Django, want to help contribute to the project? With
Django core developer Alex Gaynor? All you need is one or more of the
following:

* Experience programming in Django.
* Good documentation skills.
* Deep understanding of Django internals.

Help us make Django better!

There will be much more than Python and Django there. We'll have
developers from the Pyramid, Salt Stack, OpenStack, Flask, PHP,
Clojure, Rails, and Java community joining us to contribute to many
different open source projects.

The URL and place to RSVP for the event is at
http://www.meetup.com/LA-Hackathons/events/85658952/

One more thing, we're about to send out our sponsor one-sheet. If you
or your company interested in becoming a sponsor, please email
sponsors at laopensource dot org for more information.

See you there!

--
Daniel Greenfeld
Principal at Cartwheel Web