[socal-piggies] AOL's Userplane team is hiring a front-end web developer in Santa Monica!

Jathan McCollum jathan at gmail.com
Thu May 31 10:03:43 PDT 2012

Hello all-

AOL's Userplane team is hiring! I share the office with the team in AOL's
Santa Monica office, and can attest that they are smart, fun, and focused
on innovation. These folks really have a great product and I truly believe
in their mission.

Userplane is a real-time social application development platform focused on
text, audio, and video chat. Their applications are built on top of our SDK
that utilizes XMPP to provide an extensible multi-protocol transport for
real-time communication between mobile & desktop web clients.

Website:
http://userplane.com

Developer Portal:
http://www.userplane.com/docs/

DETAILS

Userplane is seeking a front-end engineer with a passion for creating
amazing real-time messaging solutions and experience building sophisticated
JavaScript applications. This position will be primarily focused on
innovation on the components and APIs that comprise the Userplane SDK as
well as development of white-label (unbranded) experiences across the
publisher community.

In this role, you will work on our existing chat applications as well as
creating a new multi-user, multi-room, video-enabled chat experience. The
ideal candidate should have a keen understanding of web standards and
technologies. Experience with the JavaScript, HTML5, CSS3, ANT, AS3 is
strongly desired. Experience with server technologies such as Linux,
Apache/httpd, proxy servers, Node.js, WebSockets, SQL, among others are a
plus. Experience with distributed web applications is preferred.

THINGS TO NOTE

- This is a senior-level position; 3-5 years experience preferred.

- We are looking for fun, interesting, creative, motivated people.

- If web dev is "just your day job", this is probably not the job for you!

- This is a temp-to-perm position, so it would be hourly to start.

- Once hired full-time, there is a $100k base salary with extra perks
depending on the candidate.

CONTACT

If you are interested, please send your resume to me at
jathan at gmail.comand I will forward it along to the hiring manager.
Please feel free to pass
along this opportunity to anyone you know who may be a good fit.

Thanks!

jathan.