[socal-piggies] Great meeting last night & why I love Python!

Jathan McCollum jathan at gmail.com
Fri May 18 09:41:26 PDT 2012

Thanks to Grig & Evite for hosting the meeting in their swanky screening
room with plush velvet seats. Now that's meeting in style!

I thought Evan and Danny & Audrey did a great job presenting.

Evan's talk about "Amazonian Fabric" was interesting. I've heard a lot of
people talk about using Fabric for deployment, and I've tinkered with it
myself, but until last night I've never actually SEEN anyone using Fabric
for deployment. (I know they DO I just haven't ever seen it myself.) I look
forward to seeing and possibly leveraging the code myself, even if not for
AWS, I think much of the resources Evan created could be easily adapted
into any environment.

Danny & Audrey: You guys are great presenters. You're good at keeping the
topic interesting and engaging without even digging into code or too deep
into technicalities. I look forward to seeing the final product after
DjangoCon Europe. :)

Lastly, there was chatter last night about what makes the Python community
unique and coincidentally today one of the guys I work with linked me to
this post entitled "Python is a voluntary language" [1]. That sums it up!

Thanks all for your contributions!

  [1]:
http://www.johndcook.com/blog/2011/10/26/python-is-a-voluntary-language/

--