[socal-piggies] Just launched Trigger 1.2

Jathan McCollum jathan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 09:46:45 PDT 2012

Hey all-

I just wanted to take a moment to announce the release of Trigger 1.2!

http://trigger.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html

The emphasis of this release was to lower the barrier to entry for new
users by improving the documentation with ample examples and making some of
the more powerful features as simple as possible to use. I also wanted to
make it much easier to write reusable code that was free of boilerplate.

One of the new features I'm most excited about is the addition of support
for RANCID as source of network device metadata. If you've worked with
network hardware, it's almost certain that you've used RANCID at some
point. With this in mind, I wanted to make it easy to leverage an existing
RANCID instance to feed Trigger.

If you or any friends have a "reasonable" amount of network hardware that
you manage, please give Trigger a whirl and let me know what works for you
and what doesn't. General feedback on anything from documentation style,
typos, or code critique is also welcome and wanted!

Thanks!

--
Jathan.