[socal-piggies] LA Open Source sprints on July 15th!

Daniel Greenfeld pydanny at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 11:24:57 PDT 2012

LA Open Source is an event is for coders interested in contributing to
open source projects.

http://www.meetup.com/LA-Hackathons/events/64542582/

The $10 fee includes the following:

* The opportunity to lead a sprint on an open-source project, or to
join a sprint team

* Light breakfast - bagels

* Lunch

* Dinner

* Tight security to keep the "idea guys", "idea gals", recruiters, and
other distractions out.

The current sponsor list is cars.com, cartwheelweb.com, heroku.com,
and originate.com.

Some projects that will be worked on:

1. I'll be organizing a Django sprint. I'm doing what I can to bring
in a Django core developer. No promises yet, but we'll see what
happens!

2. Pyramid will have work done it, led my Michael R. of Cars.

3. Various JavaScript efforts are planned.

We are going to try and organize projects a bit more formally. Let me
know if you are looking for volunteers to help on your project and
I'll list them on the meetup description. And at the event we'll have
placards so people know you are working on a dedicated project.

Finally, You must have your own functioning laptop with power cord. If
you bring a tablet, at registration you will be asked to demonstrate
how you are using it to code. We also encourage you to bring a power
strip labeled with your name.

See you there!

--
'Knowledge is Power'