[socal-piggies] Python Developer, Fulltime, Santa Monica

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 15:52:58 PST 2012

Happy New Year everybody!

I am going to send another email as soon as I finalize the plan for
this month's meeting, which is tentatively scheduled for Thu. Jan
19th.

Until then, here's a job opportunity with RED in Santa Monica. If
interested contact Jenny Greenwald at jenny.greenwald at ff0000.com.

We are looking to add another fulltime Python developer to our team.

Company Profile:
We are a digital agency that offers strategy and ideation, design and
technology, and digital media services to forward thinking global
brands. To learn more, please visit www.ff0000.com

As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible for architecting and
developing highly interactive websites, products, applications and
other digital projects.

Responsibilities:
•	Hands-on role developing interactive experiences
•	Assist Account Manager and Producer in scoping out projects
•	Utilize performance optimization practices and contribute to sound
development solutions
•	Write clean, documented, reusable, and scalable code
•	Plan and architect interactive elements ahead of time
•	Learn and contribute to RED’s Development Framework
•	Author and maintain technical documentation through the life of a project
•	Maintain the highest coding standards and best practices by keeping
up with the latest development enhancements and techniques
•	Be an active player in advancing the goals of the Development Dept –
contribute to the RED code libraries and do research of new emerging
technologies as time permits

Requirements:
•	Web development experience
•	Expert knowledge of Python, Django, Relational Databases, Website
Architecture, Unix/Linux
•	Degree in Computer Science is a plus
•	Expert understanding of usability, best practices, optimization techniques
•	Can demonstrate user centered thinking
•	Collaborative
•	Creative toolset knowledge (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.)
•	Interest in experimenting with new technologies

To learn if your background aligns with our needs, please email your
cover letter and resume to me or to jobs at ff0000.com. *No recruiters
please.