[socal-piggies] Great Testing Primer

Steve Wedig stevewedig at gmail.com
Sun Oct 2 00:39:06 PDT 2011

I have a quick question for the group...

One of the stated goals of this (useful) presentation is to "Convince you to
test."

I haven't worked in a wide variety of contexts, so I'm wondering, are there
a significant portion of professional software developers who still need
convincing? I ask, because I can't imagine hiring someone where the starting
point is trying to convince them the value of testing.

Thanks for the feedback,
Steve

On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:35 PM, Francis Ridder <francis.ridder at gmail.com>wrote:

> Bah! Thank you for the correction.
>
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Paul Hildebrandt
> <paul_hildebrandt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Francis, that is a really good intro!
> >
> > BTW, Ned maintains Coverage.py not Mock.  Mock is maintained by Michael
> > Foord.
> >
> > Links:
> > Coverage: http://nedbatchelder.com/code/coverage/
> > Mock: http://www.voidspace.org.uk/python/mock/
> >
> > On 09/30/2011 01:15 PM, Francis Ridder wrote:
> >>
> >> This is a presentation by Ned Batchelder the current maintainer of
> >> Mock. It is an excellent overview of testing in Python:
> >> http://nedbatchelder.com/text/st.html

Steve Wedig
http://www.linkedin.com/in/wedig