[socal-piggies] Thanks and perspective

Howard B. Golden howard_b_golden at yahoo.com
Fri May 27 10:03:42 PDT 2011

I also enjoyed last night's meeting. In addition to thanking Raymond, Todd and Paul for their talks, and Paul and Disney for its hospitality, I'd like to thank Grig for his efforts for several years, and all the other companies and individuals who helped this group along the way.

Grig, Titus, Diane and Daniel were there from the beginning or almost the beginning. At the beginning Grig bought the pizza and soda and we met mostly at Caltech and USC. As Python became more popular we enjoyed the hospitality of other companies for meeting space and often food. Through it all, Grig has kept things going as Titus and Daniel got their PhDs and moved away from Southern California. I'm glad to take this moment to say thank you to everyone involved!