[socal-piggies] Lead Python Role

Greg Pfaff greg.pfaff at gmail.com
Tue May 24 14:50:54 PDT 2011

Thanks for the acceptance into the Python Group.  I am a recruiter for
Neohire and we have a client looking for a Lead Python Developer or
Architect.  I also am excited to learn more about the language because my
ultimate goal is to transition to a developer.  Thanks again and if you
could post the text below in the forum I would greatly appreciate it.

“I hope all is well to everyone in the group.  I have a client who is
looking for a Lead Python Developer or Architect paying 120K plus all the
“fixings” .  The company was founded by the man who founded NewEgg after he
took them from zero to $ 4 Billion in 4 years. He then took U.S. AutoParts
public but didn't like the operations and when he left he took their founder
with him to start this current venture.  They are aware that their site
needs some work and that is why they are looking to hire a big gun.    Their
dev team was previously off shore and they are making a large push to bring
them in house.

They are dealing with a lot of large data sets (100M records at a time) so
if people have worked with high traffic sites and manipulated a lot of data
that is  a large plus.  They want senior people who can solve problems on
their own and don't need a lot of hand holding

The environment is very laid back (T-Shirt and Jeans) and they can work
something out where after a ramp up time they can work from home

1-2 days a week if far commute.

*Work History*

Experience at a high traffic web property preferred (100,000+ page views a
day – PriceGrabber, eHarmony, Disney, MySpace, Google, Yahoo, etc. ).
Experience in more than one area at said high traffic site preferred.

*Languages / Frameworks*

Python

Django

MySQL

PostGries

Dojo for JavaScript library

Experience with Python (Django Framework), JavaScript UI (Dojo Toolkit)
preferred.  Some experience with PHP is a plus.  Experience with any open
source scripting language for web development (Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby)
considered.

Data Awareness Experience working with data heavy applications required.
Strong knowledge of MySQL or PostgreSQL databases highly desired.

*Environment*

High level of comfort in Linux or UNIX operating systems required.

*Other Requirements*

Some experience with some other kind of open source technology:

memcached, beanstalkd, Lucerne / Apache Solr, Sphinx Search, MongoDB,
CouchDB, watir, Selenium, nginx, Cassandra, Infobright, Greenplum, anything
else …  Experience with Subversion (SVN) or git preferred.

If you are interested please contact
Greg.pfaff at gmail.com<Greg at Neohiremail.com> for
details.  I’d be happy to elaborate or perhaps network about the hiring
scene in California.

Thanks for the help,

Greg Pfaff

Manager of Talent Acquisition