[socal-piggies] Next meeting: Thu. May 26th 7 PM @ Disney Animation, Burbank

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Fri May 13 15:55:26 PDT 2011

Paul Hildebrandt is graciously hosting our next meeting, on Thu. May
26th at 7 PM at the headquarters of Disney Animation Studios in
Burbank. Not only that, but the meeting will feature one of the best
speakers in the Python world, Raymod Hettinger! And pizza!

Note that space is limited to 50 people, so please reply as soon as
you can if you want to reserve a spot.

We'll have 2 other speakers from Disney too. I don't have the exact
details of the presentations yet, but I'll post them as soon as I find
them out.

I'll ask Paul to post details about how to get there and where to park.

Here is a bio of Raymond Hettinger:

=====================
Raymond Hettinger is a core developer for the Python language and
serves as a board member for the Python Software Foundation. He is
responsible for introducing generator expressions, creating the
itertools module, optimizing the implementation, and designing several
builtin functions including any(), all(), set(), frozenset(),
sorted(), reversed() and enumerate(). He is active in the developer
newsgroup and maintains several third-party Python tools including a
matrix/eigenvalue package and a generic puzzle solving framework. He
is the author of 40+ recipes in the ASPN Python cookbook and recently
published The Python Programming Language along side Guido Van Rossum
and others. He has also been featured as the keynote speaker at
Italian PyCon 2008, EuroPython 2011.

He is currently the Director of Technology and Controller at Sauce Labs Inc

Many thanks to Paul for putting this together, it should be a great
time for all who will be there!