[socal-piggies] Python Learning resource

Daniel Greenfeld pydanny at gmail.com
Wed Jun 22 14:42:40 PDT 2011

I really do want to find the time to check out http://www.py4inf.com/.
At a glance it looks really great and the people behind it seem to
really care about getting out their material. The more intro material
of quality the better!

That said, I'll second Paul on LPTHW by Zed Shaw. Having done a lot of
instruction, I can say it is a work of brilliance for people wanting
to learn how to code. For now it is always the first day of training I
give to new developers - or I bring in Zed himself. In fact, I'm going
to try and get him to submit it as a tutorial for DjangoCon.

Danny

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Paul Hildebrandt
<paul_hildebrandt at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I found this post from Zed Shaw a good way to look at things, wrt learning
> Python and what's next:
> http://learnpythonthehardway.org/book/next.html
>

> On 06/22/2011 02:02 PM, Inci Ozkaragoz wrote:
>
> yes, excellent site, Michael.  I wish I had seen it last year.
>
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 7:29 AM, Jathan McCollum <jathan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 2:51 PM, Michael Chean <michael_chean at msn.com>
>> wrote:
>> > University of Michigan online course for learning Python, streaming
>> > video of
>> > lectures as well as textbook - free.  Haven't gone thru the course
>> > yet, but looks intriguing.
>> > http://www.py4inf.com/
>>
>> Thanks for sharing, Michael That's a good find!
>>
>> --
>> Jathan.
>> --

> --