[socal-piggies] What is your favorite Python stdlib module and why?

Andrew Kou andrew.kou at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 19:02:31 PDT 2011

Oh geez...where do I even start...

First, I also have a love hate relationship with re., but I guess that's
more because of regex than re itself. But over time I seen to have gotten
better at identifying what I shouldn't use regex for. Hybrid regex solutions
seems to be the most maintainable in a lot of cases.

itertools, pprint, json, csv, contextlib makes me happy.

urllib etc. is surprisingly useful at random times...

There's just too much good stuff! I can't decide which my favorite is.

- Andrew