[socal-piggies] What is your favorite Python stdlib module and why?

Daniel Greenfeld pydanny at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:35:54 PDT 2011

This is a tough one. I change my mind on it every day.

Today my favorite is JSON because it lets me serialize data for
storage or messages so trivially. And unlike Pickle everything in the
world can read in a JSON file.

Danny

On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Christopher Mahan
<chris.mahan at gmail.com> wrote:
> I find that when I use regular expressions, I end up maintaining the code,
> cuz nobody else wants to touch it, so I avoid it.
>
> Christopher Mahan
> 818.671.1709
> chris.mahan at gmail.com
> http://christophermahan.com
>
> On Jun 16, 2011 5:19 PM, "Grig Gheorghiu" <grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I use regular expressions a lot in my code, so I have a love/hate
>> relationship with the 're' module. It's not a favorite necessarily,
>> but other than os and system it's probably the one I use most. This is
>> one area of Python (probably the only area) that I wish was as
>> polished as Perl's ;-)
>>
>> Grig

'Knowledge is Power'
Daniel Greenfeld