[socal-piggies] June 18 Hackathon Revised Details - please come!

Audrey M Roy audreyr at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 15:42:20 PDT 2011

I've just gotten word from Michael of cars.com that we are officially
joining forces and planning to all hack together on June 18.

Men and women of SoCal Piggies, we proudly present:

PyLadies/SoCal Python Interest Group Hackathon
Schedule:
2-7pm: Hack on your own projects
7-8pm: Dinner, drinks, and lightning talks
8pm-midnight: Python Ladies’ Night 4 at The Hollywood Canteen.
Gentlemen of the Python community and friends not attending the
hackathon are invited too.  The more, the merrier!

***** $15 includes dinner/drinks.  Tickets at http://bit.ly/j8NXBW *****

There will be at least 10 people attending as "mentors" who will be
spending the day going around helping beginners get up to speed, and
teaching attendees whatever they want to learn (git, PyPI packaging,
Sphinx docs, Python installation help, any sort of open-source help,
etc).  Think of this as free Python tutoring.  (Mentors come for free,
thanks to a pythonsprints.com grant)

We also have funding from the PSF for folding tables/chairs, and for
free limited-edition PyLadies/PyLadies Supporter t-shirts for anyone
who open-sources their code or, better yet, contributes to an
open-source project in need.

Finally, seeing as this is a joint event with PyLadies, I strongly
urge you to invite a smart lady or two to attend with you.  Even if
they are absolute beginners: I'll get them started on Learn Python The
Hard Way while you hack on other projects.

Questions? Email me or find me in IRC channel #pyladies on freenode.

Audrey