[socal-piggies] Questions about Python Programmers in SoCal

Howard B. Golden hgolden at socal.rr.com
Thu Jun 2 19:15:58 PDT 2011

Hi Jonathan,

I would think that there are more .NET programmers than Python
programmers. I'm no fan of MS, but I would hesitate to jump too quickly.
Obviously, the size of your existing code base is an important factor in
deciding if and how quickly to migrate to something different.

Initially, you might consider MS's IronPython (http://ironpython.net)
which gives you Python running under .NET. This could allow you to
experiment within your existing ASP infrastructure.

Let me be clear that I prefer Linux or a BSD operating system and open
source tools. I'm just cautioning you to have a clear understanding of
what migration will entail before you decide to do it.

Howard