[socal-piggies] Interesting Python videos to watch and discuss

Paul Hildebrandt paul_hildebrandt at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 28 15:30:59 PDT 2011

Because PyCon is put on by the Python Software Foundation it is not done
for profit.  This means that all the videos of the talks are available
for free.
Per our discussion last meeting I will offer up a few talks that I think
people may like.

Testing with mock:
http://blip.tv/pycon-us-videos-2009-2010-2011/pycon-2011-testing-with-mock-4899484

Writing Great Documentation
http://blip.tv/pycon-us-videos-2009-2010-2011/pycon-2011-writing-great-documentation-4899042

PyCon 2011: Hidden Treasures in the Standard Library
http://blip.tv/pycon-us-videos-2009-2010-2011/pycon-2011-hidden-treasures-in-the-standard-library-4901130

PyCon 2011: The Data Structures of Python
http://blip.tv/pycon-us-videos-2009-2010-2011/pycon-2011-the-data-structures-of-python-4898160

The Pyramid FAQ
http://blip.tv/pycon-us-videos-2009-2010-2011/pycon-2011-the-pyramid-faq-4899508

An (biased) survey of the python web
http://blip.tv/pycon-us-videos-2009-2010-2011/pycon-2011-an-biased-survey-of-the-python-web-4897214

PyCon 2011: Python IDEs Panel
http://blip.tv/pycon-us-videos-2009-2010-2011/pycon-2011-python-ides-panel-4901374

Here is the links to the schedule for Pycon 2011 it describes the
classes held: http://us.pycon.org/2011/schedule/

You can look for more videos from the last three years here:
http://blip.tv/pycon-us-videos-2009-2010-2011

Please mail me with the top three you would like to see.  I will pick
one and get with Grig to schedule watching it and discussing it at a
meeting.

Paul