[socal-piggies] Looking for two Python Developers

Philip Southam [MOVIECLIPS.com] philip at movieclips.com
Fri Jul 22 12:17:16 PDT 2011

Good afternoon piggies,

MOVIECLIPS.com is looking for 2 python developers to add to our amazing team
in Venice CA.

Who you’ll need to be:
A person who...

   - has used python in the last year for a big project
   - is at home in front of blinking cursor
   - is self motivated with the proven ability to work with little
   supervision
   - wants to take ownership of the projects they work on
   - can take existing apps and make them better
   - is comfortable with the python stdlib and hasn’t copy/pasted the entire
   way through their career.

What you need to know

   - OS X || GNU/Linux || FreeBSD
   - Django
   - Mysql and/or Postgresql
   - Emacs. VIM users considered, textmate only if you’re a hackstar. ;-)
   - Git
   - jinja2

What will earn you extra points:

   - Celery task queue (or similar)
   - Video: ffmpeg, mplayer, handbrake, knowledge of how flash streaming
   works
   - CMS development
   - Nginx (configuration and management)
   - Sysadmin skills
   - Werkzeug and/or Flask
   - mongodb

What you could be doing:
Will be working with/assisting our senior engineers to develop new tools
(and supporting/enhancing existing tools) to assist in content management,
video curation, publication, encoding, distributed task queues, batch
processing, ETL processes, and automation.

--
Philip Southam
Head of Engineering, MOVIECLIPS.com
philip at movieclips.com