[socal-piggies] Partial agenda for July meeting

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 14:53:42 PDT 2011

We have one 30-minute presentation so far by Evite's very own Dan Mesh:

"Python & Go -- Performance, Concurrency, Parallelism"

1. What makes a Python developer look at Google's new programming language
2. A couple of unscientific but fun benchmarks
3. Go style concurrency in Python

In the spirit of one of the topics we voted for ("Good testing
practices and pointers to new methods/tools") I also propose that
people bring examples of at least one unit test that actually found a
bug in their code, a bug that would have otherwise remained latent or
would have been difficult to discover. We'll have an example from our
Evite code to jumpstart this topic.

Any suggestions for our #1 voted topic ("Good practice, pitfall
avoidance, and module introductions for beginners")?