[socal-piggies] replacement for time.tzset() on win32?

Michael Elkins me at sigpipe.org
Sat Jan 22 11:13:52 PST 2011

Howard,

On Thu, Jan 20, 2011 at 12:17:42PM -0800, Howard B. Golden wrote:
>Hi Michael,
>
>You can get / set the timezone in the Windows registry. See
>http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa909148.aspx
>
>Is this what you need?

Not quite.  What I was trying to do was just change the timezone for a single
process (eg.  make time.localtime() == time.gmtime() ).  I did find a
workaround: if you set the TZ environment variable prior to running the
script, it works as I wanted.  It's just a little annoying that I have to make
sure it is set prior to invoking the process.

me