[socal-piggies] New member introduction

Andrew Kou andrew.kou at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:27:02 PST 2011

Welcome!

I would also like to remind everyone about the resource
page<http://socal-piggies.org/scp/PythonResources>and training
materials page <http://socal-piggies.org/scp/TrainingMaterial> on the
Piggies' wiki.

I think going through "Instant Python" and "Learn Python in 10 minutes" (see
training materials page) really helped get me use to the syntax.

"Learning Python" by Mark Lutz is incredibly useful for intermediate and
beyond.

I think that the aspect that is most different about Python compared to some
other languages is the fact that code is so easy to read that it is best to
just jump in and start reading source code fairly early on. Don't know what
an API does? Just look at the source you'll most likely pick up more
Pythonic code this way as well.

Best Regards,

- Andrew Kou