[socal-piggies] Test Engineer - network/website acceleration - Pasadena

Kathy Magel kathy.magel at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 11 14:36:18 PST 2011

FastSoft, launched in 2006 from technology developed at Caltech,
develops network optimization products that speed the distribution of digital
content across the Internet and increase web application performance.  The
technology is performed through algorithms that control TCP packets vs
compression.

Our product is selling and we are growing.

We're currently looking for a Test Engineer (full-time position).  Ideal
candidate will have background in networking/appliance testing and experience in
C programming and scripting (Shell, Python). This position requires significant
programming/scripting to extend our automated tests and develop new testing
harnesses.

Position is full-time and onsite in Pasadena (no telecommuting).

Responsibilities:
* Develop and extend the regression, functional, and performance test plans and
automation for our products, in both white box and black box testing

* Identify, setup, test, and troubleshoot various permutations of
software/hardware/network configurations

* Develop tools, scripts, and programs to implement test automation
* Execute process/systems for quick identification, logging and tracking bugs
and performance issues

Qualifications:
* BS and/or MS in Computer Science or Engineering
* Strong experience with scripting (Shell and Python)
* Strong C programming
* Experience/knowledge with TCP/IP and networking protocols
* Experience with configuring/managing/automating common network services and
applications such as web, ftp, firewall, http proxy & caching

* Familiarity with Unix/Linux and Windows system administration
* Experience with unit-testing & unit-testing framework
* Proficient written communication and documentation skill

Location: Pasadena CA

Competitive salary + employee benefits.

Please email resume: kathy.magel at fastsoft.com
Kathy Magel