[socal-piggies] Python interface for JIRA?

Jathan McCollum jathan at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 09:23:26 PST 2011

Hello Piggies!

It's been a while... What a crazy end-of-year!

I'm just pulling my head out of the sand and one of my first big projects
for this year is migrating our firewall ticketing system from RT to JIRA.
 Before I started from the ground up I wanted to find out if anyone out
there has implemented a Python interface for JIRA that they'd be willing to
share. For obvious reasons, I'd rather not duplicate efforts if I don't have
to.

If there's not something already out there, I'll be rolling my own and
open-sourcing it. The JIRA documentation gives a basic example of a Python
client, but it's far from what I'd consider a solution.  The XML-RPC API for
JIRA is pretty straightforward, but they also provide SOAP.  If anyone has
any opinions on which one would be better to build against, please share
those as well.

Thanks in advance!

jathan.