[socal-piggies] Requesting SoCal Piggies support of Python at SCALE 9x

Daniel Greenfeld pydanny at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 16:01:48 PST 2011

This event takes place February 25th, 26th, and 27th. We are looking
for volunteers to help man the Python booth on the 26th and 27th.

The hosts of Southern California Linux Expo (SCALE) 9x
(http://www.socallinuxexpo.org/), which expects at least 1300
attendees, have graciously offered the Southern California Python
Users Group (SoCal Piggies) and LA Django a free table to represent
Python! We've got some volunteers already, but would really like some
more. The event is hosted at the LAX Hilton.

What's involved: Help us (SoCal Piggies & LA Django) man the Python
booth for a few hours along with other local Pythonistas/Djangonauts
so you can talk to hundreds of avid FOSS fans at the Python booth. In
return you get into the conference for free, my eternal gratitude, and
my odorous company during your tenure at the booth. Contact me at
pydanny at cartwheelweb.com if you are interested in volunteering

Even if manning the booth is not for you, then SCALE 9x has generously
given our group a discounted rate for attendance. Use the coupon code
of 'PYTHN' when you sign up on their site at
https://www.socallinuxexpo.org/reg7/.

--
'Knowledge is Power'
Daniel Greenfeld