[socal-piggies] Slides for libcloud talk

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 09:25:07 PST 2011

Thanks, John.

I didn't have a chance to talk to you more about your 'VMWare !=
cloud' scenario, but I wanted to mention that you can always set up a
Chef or Puppet server, create recipes, assign roles, etc., then push
the initial Chef client or Puppet client installation and
configuration to a given VMWare instance via fabric or other tools,
after the instance is built (with Opsware in your case, if I
understood correctly).

I guess my point is that you can still follow configuration management
practices even if the virtualization solution doesn't offer a way to
bootstrap things automatically at instance creation time.

Maybe others can chime in with their experiences too in a virtualized
environment.

Grig