[socal-piggies] Nudge private release

Warren Runk warren.runk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 21:39:27 PST 2011

Hi Guys,

My name is Warren. I am new to this list, but met many of you at the last
piggies meeting. I work on the Evite tech team, and am happy to announce the
initial public release of Nudge (public on github - but we are not
publicly announcing outside this group).

https://github.com/evite/nudge

We would love for people to check it out, and tell us your thoughts. We have
started a google group for any and all nudge discussion:

http://groups.google.com/group/python-nudge

Please hold off on any tweets or blog posts for the time being. We still
want to add more tests, examples and polish. Our goal is to make some
announcements the week prior to pycon.

For those of you that weren't at the last meeting, a super
quick description of nudge is:

Nudge is a simple way to publish simple python functions and methods as wsgi
request handlers. You design your api independently  of any specific web
technologies. This allows nudge (and in turn your service classes) to work
with any wsgi compatible python http servers (ours have run in production
with tornado and eventlet). It also allows for a very elegant api
description, and removes a ton of duplicated http-required code from
traditional "handler" code.

We welcome all feedback positive or negative, and hope to see everyone
tomorrow evening at evite hq!

-warren and evite tech team