[socal-piggies] Python job opportunity at startup

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 08:02:27 PDT 2011

Hi everybody,

This is from David Litwin. If you are interested, please contact him
at the email address CC-ed on this message.

Consumer-driven Internet Startup, Los Angeles

Network-based content sharing at the departmental level

The problem: It is difficult to share content with students in your
department, both within your school and at others.

For example:

A film student and want to share your video with the other 1,000
people in your department at your school.
A law student wants to build a network of contacts with individuals at
the top law schools around the country for the purpose of getting
feedback on his briefs and networking for job opportunities.

The application: allow university departments to create social
communities, where departments of the same discipline are
inter-linkable between schools. The website is straight-to-consumer,
and does not require the university’s participation.  And while it
starts at the university level it will eventually expand beyond that.

How does it make money? Primarily through employment-related services.
Since individuals are sorted according to their department/industry,
it will target employers of that industry. In addition, it will be
offered on a Freemium basis to individuals outside of the university
network. And, of course, advertising.

Where to begin? While this is a massive market opportunity with many
moving parts, it needs to start small and focused. The MVP will
initially target a single discipline – film/acting, and will be
focused on proving the model before expanding beyond. The benefit of
this is two-fold: focus of product/clarity of addressing and executing
on a single market problem in one discipline; staying under the radar.

What I am looking for: I have created a full prototype of the MVP in
FlairBuilder and on Photoshop and written a business plan for this
venture. I am passionate about this project; I have been working on it
for the past year. I am looking for am ambitious individual who is
looking to join a startup and become a co-founder of something that
addresses a genuine customer problem and has a huge market potential.
In addition, this website presents incredible, exciting technical
challenges in the long-term.

Requirements
Python/Django, MySQL
Web development, web server administration experience
Front-end skills (Javascript, HTML/CSS)
Ambitious, hard-working, looking for the next big thing (and willing
to put in the work for it)
Compensation will be primarily in equity (negotiable)

If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please
contact me at <see cc-ed email>. I look forward to sharing with you my
project and myself and learning more about you.