[socal-piggies] script mode in wxPython?

Inci Ozkaragoz iozkaragoz at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 15:09:49 PDT 2010

 Dear SoCal Pythonites:

I am a total novice at Python but trying to learn. At the moment, I am
trying to learn some basic GUI with python using wxPython. I have installed
it and gone through some of the demos.

However, I don't see where I can actually type in the script (as in the
script mode in Pywin32). I am pretty certain that once I write the wxPython
code, I should be able to run it in command mode, right? But first I need to
be able to type the code in to see the results. All I see so far is the
PyShell interactive mode. Could you please enlighten me as to where I type
in code to be run I assume in command mode?  (I even watched a wxPython
video online but the shell that they were typing code in was different,
there was a RUN at the top as part of the menu. The PyShell does not.)

Any help would be greatly welcome!  I'm sure it's an obvious answer that
just isn't apparent to someone looking at wxPython for the first time.

Thanks so much.

Inci