[socal-piggies] Mono and Python for .NET on Linux

Charles Esterbrook contact at charles-esterbrook.com
Mon Oct 25 15:35:05 PDT 2010

On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 3:19 PM,  <tangle1 at mindspring.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have experience and/or opinions regarding Mono and porting scripts written in Python for .NET to Linux?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Suzanne Berger

I use Mono on a regular basis on both Mac and Linux. Most of my work
is in Cobra [1] but I am familiar with Python and to some extent
IronPython.

Probably the best news I can give you is that I have seen that the
community behind IronPython has been very responsive when there have
been any issues with Mono and Linux.

Your porting effort will depend in part upon any 3rd party libs you
depend on and their availability on Mono+Linux.

Did you want to provide further details or ask more specific
questions? If so you can contact me directly or we can continue in
this thread.

[1] http://cobra-language.com/

-Charles
--