[socal-piggies] Project collaboration proposal

Andrew Kou andrew.kou at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:57:20 PST 2010

Isn't the web framework portion of this project minimal? Do we really need
something full blown with the ORM swapped out? Rather, do we even need very
much of the ORM portion? It sounds to me we just need a set of nicely laid
out urls that corresponding portions of the module we're building. Then take
the response and return it back to the user. Technically, there doesn't even
need to be a UI initially.

I think a basic Django setup is always nice, another good alternative is
something could be Werkzeug <http://werkzeug.pocoo.org> +
Jinja2<http://jinja.pocoo.org/2/>(standalone django like templating if
we need UI) by the people who created
Pygments.  If we need an ORM in that setup, then we can throw in SQLAlchemy.

That's my thought.

- Andrew