[socal-piggies] Project collaboration proposal

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 15:00:45 PST 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Christopher Mahan
<chris.mahan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Django is kind of heavy for something simple like that. we probably
> don't even need a database back end.
>
> we could go with cherrypy or fapws (only *nix I think). Very fast, not
> really much else needed.

We do actually need at least a key-value store backend. Hurl uses
redis, we could use it too. It's for storing what they call 'hurls',
which are encapsulation of a given HTTP request (be it GET, POST,
etc.) with its associated parameters and HTTP headers, into a unique
URL which can be accessed via a GET operation at a later time. This is
handy for example when you want to set up test data inside a Selenium
script, because you can access that one 'hurl' URL like any other web
page, while behind the scenes hurl does the POST again.

As far as Django goes, I proposed it because I know many people in the
group want to learn it. It is a bit heavy for this particular project,
but at least it would make people familiar with some of its
functionality.

> What do we use for code highlighting?

Not sure. Any ideas?