[socal-piggies] Project collaboration proposal

Silfheed silfheed at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 13:21:10 PST 2010

I'm all for acronyms.. pwc?  pwc it is.. for now.

I setup the repo which is available at http://bitbucket.org/silfheed/pwc/

The commands are pretty disgustingly simple..  Very similar to github if you
have github accounts. c&p from the site
Quickstart

$ hg clone http://bitbucket.org/silfheed/pwc/
$ hg pull -u # to pull changes and update
$ hg push # to push changes to this repo

Import existing data?

$ cd /path/to/existing/hg/repo/
$ hg push http://bitbucket.org/silfheed/test/

Prefer SSH?

$ hg clone ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/silfheed/pwc/
$ hg push ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/silfheed/pwc/

Either if we use my repo or go with a different one, we'll probably all be
forking our own repo's from the master repo and working from there.  Once we
have significant changes, we'll use the 'pull request' feature to let
collaborators know to pull from our branch.  Again, all similar to github.

Luke