[socal-piggies] License question

Dan Stromberg strombrg at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 21:24:47 PST 2010

http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/

I've heard mixed comments about "Public Domain" software.  Some say it's
an all-permissive license, some say it isn't a license.  Some say it
doesn't truly exist, that even if you say something is PD, it's still
under your own copyright.  Others say that if you make something PD,
it's truly a free for all, and someone else can come along, take the PD
code, copyright it, and legally bar the original author from having any
rights to the code they wrote.