[socal-piggies] Python job opportunity in Austin, TX

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:32:31 PST 2010

In case you're tempted to relocate in sunny Austin Texas....

===================================

This is a permanent opportunity in Austin, TX. Excellent salary,
benefits and growth potential. This client has an open source software
that is doing really well and in return, they are hiring several
developers right now. They are not looking to assist with relocation,
but my firm will negotiate a sign-on bonus to help if you have to
relocate. They hire very sharp people and have a great company culture
with a startup environment.

Must have enterprise level experience, not just embedded.

They are actively interviewing now so if you are interested, please
contact me at your earliest convenience and I will share all of the
details with you.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

Looking for a Senior Software Developer that will focus on designing
and implementing new features.

Job responsibilities include:

* Building Web 2.0 applications using dynamic languages
* Designing new features and functionality
* Learning new technologies quickly
* Interfacing with our open source community

Qualifications include:

* 5+ years programming experience with excellent understanding of OO concepts
* 2+ years of web application development
* 2+ years of experience with Python
* Experience designing and implementing large scale systems
* Experience with open source development techniques a plus
* Experience working in an agile style development organization a plus
* Experience with major Python web application frameworks (Zope) a plus
* Experience with SNMP and other network management protocols a bonus

Location: Austin, TX

Type: Full-Time/Regular

If interested, contact:

Steely Dipuccio, IT Recruiting Manager