[socal-piggies] Ad-hoc meeting proposed by William Roscoe

Grig Gheorghiu grig.gheorghiu at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 14:54:41 PST 2010

Hey everybody, and Happy New Year! May 2010 bring health and
prosperity to all of us.

If you're in a mood for a quick Python meeting (free food!), William
Roscoe has the place and topic for you. Here is the message he sent
me:

==================================

What: Python Meetup
Where: My House (3545 Keystone Ave. Apt 5, Los Angeles 90034)
When: 5:30 - 7:30, Sunday, Jan 10th

This is last minute but I'd like to have a Python meetup before I
leave town on the 12th.

Topic

I would like people to shoot holes in an idea for a new software
structure of standard distributed functions. My current attempt of
this is http://daduce.com (please don't upload huge files). I'm happy
to show the code to anyone who comes. Its just Python with Tornado and
sqlite3. I will plan to cook dinner for all who RSVP.

A discussion about revenue models and social goals for opensource
projects also might happen.

I won't be there unfortunately, but if you can make it, please email
William at wroscoe_at_gmail.com.

We can also have our regular Python meeting on the 2nd Thursday of the
month, which would be January 14th. Let me know if you're up for it --
in this case at the Technical Connections office in West L.A.