[socal-piggies] socal python interest group stuff

Alex Chang maverick.chang at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 11:00:40 PDT 2009

Not sure if you all got an email from a spammer named Marcia today.  It
looks like Meetup.com automatically banned them so that should be the end of
that.
By the way, I haven't been too active lately in the group.  But I have not
stopped programming in python.  Just wanted to share with you all that I'm
currently writing json-rpc services to access mysql dbs through sqlalchemy
for schema deployment and web app development.  I'm also building a GPS
tracking device which uses a 1.x flavor of python on an embedded system
called Telit GM862.  The device is both a GPS and GPRS modem sitting on a
RS-232 capable board made by Sparkfun.  The system will eventually go into a
unmanned aerial or ground vehicle.

Feel free to reply with what you're currently doing with python too!  Maybe
it can be a future topic.