[socal-piggies] [JOB] - Python Developer - Sony Playstation

Neil_Katz at playstation.sony.com Neil_Katz at playstation.sony.com
Thu Feb 19 06:49:36 PST 2009

Hi - I work at Playstation and we're looking to hire a Python Developer
for our R&D team.

This full-time opportunity is located in our Foster City, CA office; brief
job description below.

If interested in pursuing this opportunity, please contact me at :

neil_katz at playstation.sony.com

Thanks, Neil

Software Engineer, Server

U.S. Research & Development (US R&D) is building and expanding services
for the PlayStation® family of platforms.

The candidate will be a skilled Python software developer with experience
in designing and implementing web applications with a database backend.
The candidate will expand upon the currently implemented system and
incorporate new requirements with opportunities in the design of new
components and services. The candidate will work with the project manager
and development team to maintain schedule and software quality.

- Experience with scripting languages, especially Python, a must. Strong
skills in Python-based web frameworks like Django may be considered as an
alternative to Java expertise.

- Knowledge in Java based web application and database application
development a plus. Ideally be experienced with common application servers
like Tomcat, web frameworks such as Struts, database application tools
such as persistence layers and in SQL use.