[socal-piggies] Dakim is hiring

John Mark Schofield root at sudosu.net
Thu Aug 13 11:08:39 PDT 2009

Dakim, Inc. is the leading provider of brain fitness among America's senior
living providers. We help seniors use rigorous cognitive exercise to prevent
or slow the development of dementia. At least, that's what our marketing
people say. I say it slightly differently: "We help seniors remember their
grandchildren for a few months or years longer than they would otherwise."

We started in 2005, are venture-funded, and are not yet profitable. We're
raising our 2nd round of venture funding right now. All employees get stock
options, and we have medical, dental, and vision coverage.

We're looking for people who will work out of our Santa Monica, CA office.
It's a casual office environment with really good coffee, and people often
bring their dogs in to work. Today there's a Neapolitan Mastiff (
http://twitpic.com/cwjfl) and a Chihuahua here.

Our touchscreen appliance (visible in the picture at the link above) runs
Ubuntu Linux, and most of our infrastructure is Linux-based, with a few
Windows (SQL Server) and OS X boxes. Our GUI software is written in
REALbasic, and our system administration scripts are BASH and Python.

We're also in the process of developing a software-only installable product
that will run on OS X and Windows.

Our desktops are OS X or Linux (your choice) with two big-ass monitors per
person. We do well (but not 100%) on the Joel test, and are always looking
for ways to make our work more efficient and productive.

Our biggest need right now is for someone in a combined Linux System
Administration and QA Automation role. This would entail everything from
installing and configuring Postfix to automating install testing for our
Windows product.

We're also looking for QA Engineers for the Windows/OS X Product, and for
additional support people, again, with Windows and OS X experience. Linux
experience for both the QA Engineers and the support people is a huge plus.

To avoid getting put in the "Craigslist" mountain of resumes, send a cover
letter and resume directly to me: schof at dakim.com

John
John Mark Schofield
root at sudosu.net