[socal-piggies] Great ground floor opportunity for a Python Superstar

Brice Benefiel bb at qwesttechnology.com
Tue Mar 4 16:18:22 PST 2008

Python Software Engineer
Santa Monica, CA

Job Type: Full-time

Salary Range: Wide open plus bonus and options
Contract work is also available

Industry: Internet Software as a Service (SaaS)

Help Lead the Revolution in Private Travel!

My esteemed client is a dynamic early stage technology company with significant brand leverage and experience. Multiple entrepreneurs lead the initiative in this fast growing industry. Their super star management team is composed of multi-company entrepreneurs from the likes of Ebay, NBC, JPL, Expedia, Google and Fox. We have unique niche partners with one of the leading brands in this industry.

If you are ready for a challenging ground-floor opportunity with significant upside potential you've come to the right place. We are looking for people who are highly motivated, passionate about their efforts, and able to produce high quality work in a fast-paced environment. We plan to revolutionize this private industry; one of the hottest industries in the world. Our technology is cutting edge and has the opportunity to revolutionize and democratize this area.

Responsibilities:
Develop scalable and secure web-based applications on Linux using the Python Programming Language. Define, design and develop system-wide common components that will be leveraged across multiple programs and utilized in front-end User Interfaces.

Must-have: Familiarity with Python; Strong Object Oriented concepts and development skills; A sound understanding of (and preferably experience in) developing large software platforms based on Linux; Great comfort coding in a Linux environment; Strong interpersonal communication skills, prioritization and organizational skills. Clean, Team-Friendly coding skills

Great Pluses: Knowledge of XML-RPC, XSLT (XML, XSL);DHTML (CSS1, CSS2, JavaScript, AJAX);SQL (MySQL, MySQLdb) ; XML-RPC ;CVS;

Must be: Able to to work with others as a colleague, leader, and a team player; Capable of excelling in a fast-paced, creative environment; Thorough; Dependable; Strong in analytical and problem solving skills; Excellent in interpersonal, organization and communication skills; Willing and able to work in a commercial software development environment; Self-motivated; Service oriented; Open to new approaches.

Please email us at bb at qwesttechnology.com if you are interested.