[socal-piggies] Is there anybody out there?

Stephen Gornick sgornick at digicoast.com
Wed Jun 25 14:35:03 PDT 2008

Brendon Crawford from here in L.A is doing a Python port of Drupal 7 CMS
(which is PHP based).
  http://drupy.net/

I don't know that he is ready to present Drupy at a SoCal Piggies yet,
..., but maybe we could touch base with him?   irc channel #drupy on
irc.freenode.net

I also see the San Diego Django user group is trying (unsuccessfully, so
far) to get something going for July:
   http://tinyurl.com/3rt6rw
and nobody attended their last San Diego Python meetup
http://python.meetup.com/8/calendar/7903586/
so it is not just us with the summer slowdown.

Will So Cal become like Nairobi?
  http://tinyurl.com/65p8gg

There is lots of material to have talks on ..., maybe we could just have
"microtalks" ..,
  like 15 minutes on Hotwire / Pyshell
      http://tinyurl.com/create.php

  and 15 minutes from a few of the following?
     http://tinyurl.com/57nndd

- Stephen