[socal-piggies] meeting?

Grig Gheorghiu grig at gheorghiu.net
Mon Jul 14 16:57:55 PDT 2008

--- On Mon, 7/14/08, Jenz <j3nz13 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to this list and I joined because I wanted to meet
> people into
> programming. I am new to all of it in a lot of ways. I am
> working on
> learning python right now and taking a couple of other
> languages in the
> fall.

Hi, Jenz -- welcome to our group! You're obviously on the right track, since you chose Python as one of the programming languages you're learning :-)

> I see you all talking about a meeting. What do you guys do
> at these
> meetings?

You can get an impression of what we do at our meetings by visiting this page and clicking on the various links/blog post/minutes of the meetings:

http://socal-piggies.org/scp/PastMeetings

> Would you mind if I came even though I am not a programmer
> (yet?)

Not at all -- we've had people new to Python and new to programming in general attend our meetings in the past. We're a friendly bunch, and we hope you'll find something useful at every meeting.

Not sure when our next meeting will be, but I'll send a message to the list once that becomes more clear.