[socal-piggies] Cobra Slides

Chuck Esterbrook chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:16:06 PST 2008

Hi everybody,

First I wanted to say thanks for letting me present Cobra and for all
the thoughtful questions and comments during and after the
presentation.

I have posted the slides online. Check the News section on the right
hand side of http://cobra-language.com/

Feel free to blog about the presentation and back link to the site.  :-)

Also, there are discussion forums at the site if you want to
participate now or just pop in once a month to see what's going on.
Two of the forums are limited to release announcements and news, and
you can subscribe to them via email via an obscure checkbox at the
bottom of the page.

To the gentleman that asked me afterwards about binding to C
libraries, SWIG does support C# as I was expecting:
http://www.swig.org/compat.html

You can then leverage that wrapper from any .NET/Mono language
including, of course, Cobra. If you're doing this stuff by hand, there
is an example at
http://en.csharp-online.net/CSharp_FAQ:_Can_I_directly_call_a_native_function_exported_from_a_DLL%3F

But recall that most of the common libs like OpenGL and such have
already been wrapped due to the large community size.

Cheers,
-Chuck
--
http://cobra-language.com/