[socal-piggies] introduction and presentation idea

Chuck Esterbrook chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 00:29:17 PDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Chuck Esterbrook
<chuck.esterbrook at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 11:20 AM, P M <pablonoego at gmail.com> wrote:
>  > hi everyone
>  >
>  > I wanted to introduce myself to the group. My name is pablo and i work at
>  > gorillnation los angeles. Steve suggested I join the group and propose a
>  > topic for a presentation for the next or future meeting.
>  >
>  > I was recently fortunate to receive a production account on google app
>  > engine. With absolutely no python experience I was able to craft together a
>  > chat application in flash. The whole thing took about 3 hours once I got my
>  > bearings on app engine and python.
>  >
>  > i would like to share my experiences with the group and present this
>  > application. What do you guys think?
>
>  I would definitely be interested in a Google App Engine presentation.
>
>  Also, anyone have experience with Amazon EC2?

Here's an interesting post about AppEngine:
http://billyonopensource.blogspot.com/2008/04/cloud-computing-casts-shadow-on-walled.html

Even though he's criticizing it, don't take that as a lack of interest
on my part. I'm still interested.

-Chuck
--
http://cobra-language.com/