[socal-piggies] June meeting

Michael Carter Michael.Carter at pomona.edu
Thu Jun 21 01:34:17 PDT 2007

Hey

I have a presentation ready for orbited, a framework for sending asynchronous messages from the web server to the browser. This functionality is popularly known as 'server-push' or 'comet' and some examples of this type of technology include meebo and gmail's chat functionality.

You can find information at www.brbx.com/orbited -- right now the tutorials are the most helpful, so start there.

If anyone is interested then let the list know and I'll present.

-Michael