[socal-piggies] book/docs on vmware

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Feb 14 21:55:16 PST 2007

-> --- You wrote:
->
-> > I've only run vmware on 512mb of ram on top of
-> > Slackware Linux, and it
-> > did run, but it was more laggy than using some
-> > windows remote desktop
-> > from China, so I suspect I should try again later
-> > when I have more ram
-> > to work with. Really cool stuff though.
->
-> I'm running a Windows XP guest under a Gentoo Linux
-> host on a 1 GB box. Response seems quite prompt. This
-> allowed me to retire my old Windows 98 box.

Well, I'm running four permanent VMs (plus another two on and off) on my
server, but it is a dual 3 Ghz Xeon machine with 8gb of RAM so that's
probably overkill ;).

I'm interested in reading more about the VMware possibilities because
I'm planning a pretty heavy investment in VMware technology.  That
always makes me nervous.