[socal-piggies] book/docs on vmware

Sean O'Donnell sean at seanodonnell.com
Wed Feb 14 13:53:17 PST 2007

Titus Brown wrote:
> *groan* I knew someone would say "read the docs!"
>
> I have yet to stumble across them on the site.  I'll take a closer look.
>
> --titus

http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/

There are also some 'virtualization' HOWTO articles on howtoforge.com...

http://www.howtoforge.com/taxonomy_menu/1/43

VMware is pretty straight forward.

Install VMWare Server... Create/Install Virtual Machines... watch your
memory/ram resources run amok.

I've only run vmware on 512mb of ram on top of Slackware Linux, and it
did run, but it was more laggy than using some windows remote desktop
from China, so I suspect I should try again later when I have more ram
to work with. Really cool stuff though.

-sod