[socal-piggies] I need a Python program built

Brett Brown brettabrown at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 6 22:41:53 PDT 2006

Howard,

    1. I am confused about the use cases.
  I am not sure what this question means, can you clarify?

2. Who is the "operator"?
  The Operator is me. When I assume programming cannot make the decision and I will step in and do it by hand.

3. What is the purpose of "tagging"?
  Tagging means putting a capital letter below a letter in the word. These Tags stand for spelling rules that help the reader understand why they make different sounds than expected.In the color picture example (alphabet) you see the Tag "B" beneath letter ph to signify it is a "Beauty Letter." The Tag "S" is beneath the letter a to signify it is being "Schwad." These Tags make sense after you have learned them in my spelling program. This tagging program is an extension of an existing program on CD and DVD.

4. Can some tagging / syllabication be done automatically (possibly to be overridden by the operator)?
  Yes. I should be able to identify some of the tagging variables. However I already have syllabicated 22,000 words. I need to discuss the value of programming syllabication variables.

5. What is the end product? (Presumably some markup for input to Flash?)
The end product would be a story or a book that a user can download. As one reads it on the screen he/she can click on any word to open up its "Tagged" Window. This helps the reader to decode new words and learn to read English better.

  Howard

  Thanks for your interest. I am eager to hear more of what you think.
  Brett Brown
  brettabrown at sbcgobal.net
  818-344-1578