[socal-piggies] Meeting this Thursday 10/16 @ USC

Diane Trout diane at caltech.edu
Mon Nov 13 14:06:02 PST 2006

On Nov 13, 2006, at 10:36, Grig Gheorghiu wrote:

> Agenda:
>
> * Diane Trout: "Investigating Mono with Iron Python"
> * George Bullis: "A first look at .NET programming with Iron Python by
> a non-GUI programmer"

I'm planning on being there...

Hopefully there's not going to be too much overlap.

I didn't get as far as I'd wanted, and some of the components weren't
as mature as I'd assumed.

Currenlty I was planning on addressing

* My hope for mono
* So who really is faster?
   * Comparing the performance of CPython2.3, CPython2.5, Jython 2.2,
and IronPython snapshot
* Where to find the ironpython/mono toolchain and how to get it to
work on OS X and Linux.
* What parts of .NET is mono implementing?

Depending on my mood I might hit on some of the following:
   * Gtk# and Gecko# (And the sad state of Qt#)
   * wrapping native libraries to be called with mono,
   * How many languages can I cram into one working example program.

Diane