[socal-piggies] May Meeting

Howard B. Golden hgolden at socal.rr.com
Wed May 17 20:54:42 PDT 2006

I will try to make it, but I'm not certain at this point. I'll let you
know no later than Wednesday morning if I can't be there.

I've started to play with Jython and Eclipse. I'm starting to read the
Jython source code and I'm planning to add Javadoc as I go along.

While these aren't Python projects, you might be interested in them:

* Palo is an open source OLAP server and Excel add-in (also accessible
from C, Java and PHP). There's a JPalo Eclipse RCP (rich client
platform) front end as well. See http://www.opensourceolap.org/ and
http://www.jpalo.org/ .

* Mondrian is another open source OLAP. It's part of the Pentaho
business intelligence platform. See http://www.pentaho.org/ . Besides
the business intelligence stuff, Pentaho includes the Kettle ETTL
(extract-transport-transform-load) toolset. See http://www.kettle.be/ .

Cool stuff!

Howard