[socal-piggies] Call for participation: we need presentations for May meeting

Mark Kohler kohler at netrino.com
Sat May 6 18:49:09 PDT 2006

Grig Gheorghiu wrote:
> Any takers? Please let me know. Fabulous prizes are in store :-)

I have a few possibilities. I recently wrote some python bits to aid in Linux
kernel debugging, and I can talk about how python is useful in that
environment. It's not very sophisticated or very pythonic, but if there's
interest, I'd be glad to talk about it.

Closer to our standard faire, I've started using the subprocess module, which
is new in python 2.4 and a big improvement over the many previous flavors of
popen. I've also started exploring distutils. I'm not an expert in either
topic, but I could at least present enough to get some conversation started.

Mark