[socal-piggies] PyPy and C extension modules

Daniel Arbuckle djarb at highenergymagic.org
Mon Mar 27 12:35:11 PST 2006

Well, I believe that the Pyrex guy is actually involved in PyPy (along with
the psyco guy and the stackless guy... python optimization people seem to
love this project), so it seems safe to say that PyPy subsumes the next
generation Pyrex.

>From a more theoretic standpoint, it seems that PyPy knows how to create
multiple versions of the extension, allowing you to choose the one that is
nearest to optimal for your use scenario.